The RC-D710 operates as an AX.25-compliant TNC (Terminal Node Controller) for 1200/9600bps packet communications.
Connecting the RC-D710 via the optional Interface Kit (PG-5J) to a transceiver adds APRS functionality, as provided by the TM-D710A
FM dual bander.*
* Since the RC-D710 connects to the data terminal of your transceiver, control of another transceiver is not possible. Also, please be aware that KENWOOD cannot guarantee the performance of the transceiver to which the RC-D710 is connected.
The RC-D710 can replace the TM-V71A control panel to enable all the features of the TM-D710A. It can also be used as the control panel for the TM-D710A.
The full dot-matrix LCD offers 2 backlight colors: amber and green.
Using a PC running the MCP-2A* Memory Control Program, you can edit and manage such data as the settings for various APRS functions.
* The MCP-2A Memory Control Program is a free download from KENWOOD’s website (http://www.kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/software_download.html). Please note that the URL may change.
- Cable with a 2.5 mm (1/10“) 3-conductor plug (for GPS jack)
- Modular plug cable (for PANEL jacks)
- Line filter
- Panel holder
- Panel bracket
- Base stand
- Screw set
- Instruction manual(English/Spanish & French)
- CD-ROM (For a detailed explanation on the operation)
- Warranty Card